Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year, New Changes Ahead...

via tricia721
card via Me
Hello one and all.  I am back in full swing.  I have enjoyed my little mini vacay,  and I am gearing up to run.  First of all, I am no longer with the Card a Day Blog as a design person.  This was a personal decision and a hard one.  At the time, it was because I was offered a position on another design team, now I do not know where that is going, so I will see.  Now the reason is I had so much on my plate.  In addition to the CAD design team, I had Longaberger, a couple of swaps, being secretary of the Administrative Counsel at my church, choir rehearsal, meetings in two groups, scrapbook business, and finally my family.  A person can only do so much and still run 7 blogs at once.  Now I have cut back on the blogs as well.  I am back to 5 blogs.  But enough about my personal life.
Changes ahead...
I have so much I want to do with this company, and it is starting with a name change.   After much debate, I am adding on the name P.Lynn Designs.  So far, the name is not registered with the state of Ohio, but then again, neither is MDN Creates, and since I have not done much business with the name, I decided to go on the professional approach.  Not only that, if I ever decide to come out with a series of stamps or whatever I decide to produce in the way of supplies, it is more professional looking on packages.  I will not change the name of the blog just yet, and I will be changing the name of my Etsy shop within a few days, if they let me.  I have already changed it once.  If not, I will have to close it, and reopen under P. Lynn Designs.
Next, i will be doing more blog posts with cards, mini books, and scrapbook layouts that I will be doing for fun or to list in my Etsy Shop.   I had fun doing so when I was designing them for the Card a Day Design team, I would be silly enough not to continue doing that.  So look for those to come.
Finally, I have decided to change platforms.  As soon as I can finish learning about WordPress, all of my blogs will be going to that platform.  The reason why is, I will have better control over what I can put on my blogs (including sales or anything that Google finds that is against their policy).  Now, my blogs will stay family friendly, so the written content will not change, but if they were to go through this blog, and do not like this post, I may not get in it tomorrow.
All these changes will be announced of course, and I hope that all of you will follow me at that time.   All of this at the end of the day will hopefully be a benefit to my readers and bring in new ones.
Until then, be safe, and I will talk to you soon.  Be Blessed.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.