1 sheet of 8.5" x 11 sheet of white or Kraft cardstock (I will tell you why no other color will do for this card)
1 paper pad of 6x6 paper
Poem of your choice, printed.
1 sheet of double-sided glue sheet.
That's it!! Let get started.
- Cut your cardstock paper in half, going across,
- fold one part in half to make the card blank, set aside.
- Take the other half, and cut it in half. This is your mat, and you make have to cut it down to size you want for the front of the card. Set aside.
- Take 3-4 sheets of the paper pad and with your paper trimmer or a pair or scissors, cut 1" strips of paper. set aside Now you are ready to assemble the card.
- Take the glue sheet and place on top of the mat, being careful of removing the film and laying it on top. Once it is stuck, it's stuck. Do not remove the top layer of the glue sheet. Trim to size.
- Next take the top layer of the glue sheet off, again being very careful. Start placing the strips of patterned paper on top of the glue sheet. It do not matter what pattern you use. You can go straight up and down, stagger for a brick pattern, or do like I did and place it diagonally.
- Next glue the mat to your card base. Set aside. Now let's work on the inside of the card,
- Take the poem you selected for your inspiration and if you are using a computer, you can print it out on the printer, if not, if you have neat handwriting, you can write a short poem or quote out. I chose "Don't Quit" by an unknown Author. Once you do that, cut to fit the inside of the card and glue it down. A beautiful option would be to print it on Vellum.
- Return to the front of the card, and you can place a sentiment on the front of the card.