Monday, June 25, 2012

New segment: Favorite Etsy Items and shops




As many of you may know, I have a shop on Etsy.  If you are not familiar with Etsy, or any sites like Etsy, Etsy is a site where artisans show and sells their goods.  It is a perfect way to get your name out there, show what you make, and hope that someone will like that product enough to buy it.  The best thing about Etsy is when you buy something from an artisan, the products are of a good quality, and no two are alike.  There is not middleman (other than Etsy providing the space to showcase in).  You set your own prices, and the only thing you have to pay is a $0.20 listing fee.   It is something that makes it different from Ebay alone.  This is a problem I have had with Ebay from the very beginning.  You pay to list the product, for Ebay to hold the product listing, and then you have to pay them when you sell the product.  A product that has been in your home or business during the course of the sale.


Etsy also gives artisans tips on how to keep people coming back to your shop.   Another nice thing about Etsy is you get to heart your favorite items and shops you see while hunting for that unique item.  This is where I come in.   I have a bunch of shops and items I love to see, and nowhere to give a review on why I love it, until now.  I hope it will inspire you to see the product itself, like it, or even buy it.   


So I have my first item, which is not a made item.   Etsy also allows people to sell supplies on its site as well.   So this product on sale is a lace grab bag.   As I start working more and more with lace, I need a place where I can get it as inexpensive as possible.  Lavish Laces is the name of the shop, and Jaizella Lynn is the shop owner.   I have not bought anything from her yet, but I have seen a you tube video where someone bought the grab bag, and I saw that the bag does not skimp on quantity.  It cost $5.  In addition to the grab bag, she has laces, roses, trims, and more for sale at her shop.    Check her out.


This is just a taste of what's in store for this new segment.   Also check out my own shop, MDN Creates, to see what I have listed.   I am recuperating from the last person who bought some items, and I talking replenishing the supply vault.   As you see from my previous post, I have also taken in an auction site called Tophatter, and my auction should be ready to go out the door.  In the meantime, if you are an artist and you would like me to look at your products on Etsy or another site like Etsy, let me know in the comments section.  Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. really thanks for share, this is great

    http://obgcockerconnection.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below. Thank you.