Monday, June 4, 2012

First layout in a while

Hello, and welcome  to the first Monday in June.   Over the past few months, I have either worked on cards, mini books, or something a little more creative.   Today, I went back to my first love, and the thing that got me started, a scrapbook layout.   I am working on my parent's cruise album. (*sarcastic remark coming, brace yourselves*)
February, they left me and my siblings to fend off the cold, cold, harsh winters of Ohio for sunny Florida, Jamaica, and the Bahamas, to ride on some tugboat owned by Carnival Cruises, which is big enough to house two cities to  sun, play, explore Bob Marley's grave site, and eat lavishly.   (Man that was a mouthful.  Intentional run-on sentence, you can breathe now.)What's a daughter to do but to only offer to make their cruise album.   Ok I am only being a little melodramatic here, and I am glad they had fun.   I am grateful to be doing this album.  So this is the second layout.  They went to the first night's cruise dinner, and the attire was after 5.

To make this 6x9 layout (Which was a challenge for me), I use DCWV's Performance paper, and at first I was going to have a double mat.   I measured the layout again, and I did not like have all that black from the album page itself showing, so I took it out and matted it on a longer sheet of the damask red paper.   I used a quote from the paper stack, and I wish I had put it on last so I can lower it more.   Now that I look at it in the photo and in person, I like it this way (even if it covers my mom's arm).  I printed from my printer the word Elegance, and placed two Martha Stewart pearls on the sides.   My mom is coming over so I better wrap it up, so I change my shirt.  Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.