Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My first Tilda card

Pattern Paper from the DCWV Mariposa Stack 12x12, faux stitching with white pen 
Is she darling?  Ok, at first when I got started into making cards, I was not much of a fan of making cards with people in it.   I thought that was left up to the pros.   Besides that, what will I color these images with?   I am not an artist who can draw eloquently, so why would I be making something like this?  Ok, there is an old saying that you are never too old to learn, and even though I do not consider myself old (I am still under 50), I have a lot to learn about scrapbooking, card making, journal making, and the like.   I guess in the last 24 hours, I decided to issue a challenge to myself to break away from my old boring routine  of folding a card in half, sticking decorative paper (patterned) and a cute little saying on it.  I also made a scrapbook layout with a space of 6 x9 (see previous post), when I normally make 12 x 12 scrapbook layouts.  I am finally putting all of those You Tube video lessons into good practice. You guys make great videos.  (I have my own channel too.)

Anyway, sorry for the phone camera lens, I need to clean it.   I did a diamond fold on this card.  A first in that department as well.  This was meant to be a practice card, because once again, I was watching a video on this fold, it was easy to do, and the woman's instructions were clear.Here is the link of the video I watched to make the card.  You can view it here.
I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday. Talk to you later and God Bless You.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, that is very cute! Congrats on your first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out really cute for your first time. Congrats

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below. Thank you.