Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Thinking of you card

I have been scraplifting on Pinterest, and I love it.  It allows me to be creative, and there is nothing wrong with it, and long as you do not duplicate the exact card.

From my pinterest board-Card Ideas
From my phone.
The original, which is very beautiful in it own right, is white and pink, with patterned paper and solid paper for the flags, and is has a boarder punch for the ribbon part.  The flags are a lot smaller, and the sentiment is stamped or letter-pressed with two little hearts.  





                           My version of the card had the same type of background, except I did not place heart or anything where the ribbon should go, and I had an actual ribbon placed lower than on the original.  I also have scallop corners, which is new to me, because I just purchased the corner chomper on Friday for another project I plan on creating.  I also noticed that the original have clean lines, where I distressed my edges.   My sentiment was printed on cardstock from my printer, instead of stamped or letter-pressed.



Overall, I love how it turned out, and I was not looking back to check to see how close to the original I can get.  I was basically relying on my memory of the card, and I must say that I hit it pretty darn close to it.  I may add the two die cuts later, as soon as I know what I want to put on in the hearts' place.   One thing to note:  you may have recognized the the flag papers:  the first paper is a leftover scrap piece from one of the journals I did last week, the light pink is leftover from a project I did last year.  I cannot remember which one.  The hope paper is a leftover from the first mini book I did for a Horizon of Hope auction I did.  I raised $0 for it, but I still felt good, because I gave it to the speaker of the day.  She is a breast cancer survivor.  The last piece is leftover from a layout I did last year.   the background paper is leftover from another one of the journals I made last week.   In other words, I used my scraps.  

My challenge from you is to use what you have, and have fun with it.   Scraplift something, but make sure you give credit to whoever you scraplift it from.  

God Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.