Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My last Mini book-Tag Book

I am having a happy day.  I just looked at my Facebook page, MDN Creates, and I have 14 people like it this week.  Thank you, Thank you.  This is a start.   Well, this is my last book for a while, and my most troublesome.  The reason, I have never made a tag book before.  I have made a mini book with tags in it, but not at total tag book.   I hope Sandra likes it.  Here we go...

First off, I want to apologize for the pictures looking blurry.  I guess my phone decided to make it a laughable day yesterday (or I do not know clean a camera lens).  The paper like is from DCWV (who else?) This time it is the Performance paper stack.  I was not sure about this stack at first, until I did this first tag.  Then I thought, " I could make this work"  If I could not do it, I was just going to make cards out of it, that all.  the clear letters spell out,  "Music", and all of the tags were edged with Tim Holtz distressed ink, Rusty Hinge. (yes the same one I used on the Mariposa book)
Just so you know, there are 10 tags, 20 pages, and bonded with the Cinch binding tool.  All of the mats came from the Naturals 6x6 paper stack.  All about the same, except a few touches here and there.  Nothing fancy, except what DCWV did for the paper.  Each tag does have gold organza ribbon on it.  This particular page has three flat-back pearls on it.  I got them at Joanne's (although I have found someone who sells them in their shop on Etsy).  


This page is one of two I have a Prima flower on it.  I know, it looks a little big, but I like them big, and it does not overwhelm the page.  This particular flower tells the user what color page is coming up.  it is simple, yet stately.





No, I did not goof up in the binding of the book to put a matted page for the cover.  I thought about it long and hard. ( there is a violin page that looks like the piano cover page in the middle).  I wanted to be unusual here, and have the last page (and cover ) be ether a journaling spot or a photo opportunity for Sandra in place whatever she feels like here, instead of calling it a cover.  So it is a completed book.



I have more (yes I did manage to finally make a mockery out of my phone and email account, and downloaded all of the tag photos to my hard drive. Revenge is sweet in this case (giggle) )
I hope you enjoyed this book.  I may show some more of this tag book in future posts.  Have a great afternoon, and God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.