Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Fathers are just as wonderful people.  Some may not see them as that.  My relationship with my father is as wonderful as I sometimes make it out to be.  I always thought of my father as this person, who was a flight person in the US Air Forces.  He did serve in Vietnam, often flew to Japan, and got me a total of 4 pachinko machines in my lifetime.  Like most men, my father was never an affectionate man.  Today, even now, he isn't, but he has soften up quite a bit.  He loves his family and last year celebrated with my mom 50 years of marriage.   He joked at the celebration to my mom, "yes, you are starting to grow on me". All me, my brother and sister could do is smile and roll our eyes.     I love you, Dad, dry humor and all.

So, I was thinking about a Father's day card that wasn't too fussy, not mushy, but all masculine.  I did not want to make you typical card, where you have some guy fishing, some golf stick, or even business-type.    This to me says exotic, but very masculine, and here are the supplies you will need to achieve this card:

Ingredients:

1 card blank (measures 4" x 6")
1 mat (measuring slightly smaller than the card blank, leaving an 1/8"-1/4"border)
1 piece of pattern paper 1 (measuring   3.5" x 3 3/8")  I used a scrap piece from DCWV's Immortal Stack)
1 piece of pattern paper 2 (measuring 2" x 3 3/8")  I used a scrap piece from DCWV's Mariposa Stack)
1 Tim Holtz Fragment
1 scrap piece of pattern paper 1 (to fit behind the fragment)
1 piece of washi tape
1 Happy Father's Day sentiment (either printed out by computer, or store bought-I printed mine using MS. Publisher software)

I encourage you to submit a card if you have one on Card a day Blog.  Once you done that, you may win a prize.

Have fun, and talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the colors on this it's perfect for a male card

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below. Thank you.