Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Changes for the new year...2012

Why am I publishing it now?  Because I want to make sure that there are no surprises in the new year.  January is all about changes.  You take a look at the year of old, see what was done wrong, and what you would like to see.   More on that later.  The highlights of the year 2012 are:

More traffic:   I enjoy anyone who is anyone to see, read, and connect to me.   A person does not have to like what I do, but I want that connection, because maybe a person may not agree with everything I say, and who needs to, but maybe I can find that one little spark that hits that person over the head, and they sit there and say, "I get where you are coming from, lady, I may not agree on that particular point, but I get it."

More blogging:   2011 has been a topsy-turvy year for me as I continue to get this business off the ground, while trying to maintain the Longaberger business.   I also found out this year that I like to write, but I also found out that I am the most laziest person I can think of next to my nephew Michael, who is typical teen boy.  One more thing I found out is I like the feeling of being organized.   I may not always get there, but I like containers.  See where I am going with this?  OK, if you don't, just know this much: these two ideas of writing and organizing has sparked two more blogs.  One of them has already been done on my Tricia's Baskets blog and a WordPress blog called Tricia's Organizing (I think I entered one or two posts on the latter, then quit).  the other one has to do with being published on sites like Hubpages (the good stuff) and Helium (the bad stuff), and I have been freelancing for a couple of people.  I want to continue with MDN Creates the blog (this one), and Tricia's Baskets (The Longaberger business one), and try to send things into the Stratosphere.   I will be also continuing to contribute to the Card a day Blog (although I forfeited my turn for next month, because I want to concentrate on organize my little business empire and my house (hey I am no Martha Stewart, and I am not trying to be)

Social Media Savvy:   It is no secret that blogging, typing on social networks like Facebook and Twitter, reading sites like Digg, and viewing videos on You tube and Hulu are here to stay (now where did that come from, LOL), but it is how business is conducted for the most part.   Even traditional companies are starting to throw in the towel and saying "the heck with it, we are dealing with social media."   I do not know if it because today's generation is saying to "with us, or get the heck out of the way."  In either case, I plan on being part of this ride.   For that reason, I have a smart phone (as of today), and I am doing both face to face, as well as online business.   I do not want to be left out, nor do want to be totally depended on it either.   I can understand the pressure, especially with my parents.   My dad does email but has another "dumb phone".  we gave mom an account, but dad's email account is her email account, and she wants me or dad to pull her email, and print it off to her.   She only wants to use her cell phone in case of emergency.   It seems that I already hate my new phone, though.  I left my charge at my parent's house, LOL, and the battery is almost gone, but I am connected to my Google accounts, my Kindle account (I have Kindle for PC, and just added my account to Kindle for Android).   I now have the Longaberger wishlist on my phone so that if a customer wants to look at a product, they can find it.

There are so many changes, until there is a part two, so stay tuned. I will also show some of my cards I am working on for my mom to send for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.