Thursday, December 22, 2011

I have been very busy lately. part 2





Next, I made some of my mother’s Christmas cards.  They are as follows:
The first card is a snowflake of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus in blue cardstock.  The second layer is glitter paper by DCWV (Die Cuts with a View).  The third layer of patterned paper actually came from the Cricut Imagine (for those of you not keeping track, yes I finally got one).  The paper print comes from one of the newer carts, Enjoy the Season.   BTW, the Snowflake was cut out with the E2 using last year’s cart, “When It’s Cold Outside”.  “Jesus is the reason for the season” is stamped on the inside.  (In fact all of them are like that)
The next card was actually scraplifted.   I took the idea from the DCWV blog entry I saw on Facebook.  I did it because I have the stack, which is called Christmas & Winter 180 Stack I got at Joanne’s.   The Ornament on top is from another paper company called the Paper Adventures, and the paper name is (Giggle) Christmas balls.  (You have no idea what I am thinking right now and I will not tell you in case children are reading this post-trying to keep it “G”).   Anyway, the card blank is “8.5 x “11 cut in half, and folded.  As noted before, the inside is the same as the first.
OK, who said that the die cut on the card has to be something Christmassy?  I decided to preview the next holiday to come in Christmas papers.   Again this is scraplifted (I forgot where.  I think it was from an email I received that week.)   Anyway, the card is a premade blank (meaning someone or some company made it besides me), I bought the pack for the envelopes anyway.   Why not use them?   Cut two sheets of 12 x 12 into 6 manageable pieces (the old “eat the elephant one bit at a time” trick works for scrapbooking too), and adhere the red on the card blank.  Cut the green sheet down to layer on top of the red pattern paper.   I cut out the heart with the E1 Cricut machine (original expression).  Inside is the same as the other two sets.  
The last set of cards is super simple.   Take glitter paper cut into a circle.   Take any 3-d sticker (I used ornaments from K and Co. Make an arrangement.   I scraplifted this one too, but I scraplifted myself for this card.   I made it better than the one I made two years ago (Picture in a moment).  In that card, I cut out three circles, and hung them from three pieces of cord.   I cannot remember much more than that.   (continued part 3)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.