Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas and children

Hello, Patricia here.  I am post my card a day post.   I am a little late getting started, but this will work out, as I only have less than two hours to post this.  I have been super busy lately (my new term), and I have not forgotten, but I have a craft show that I am preparing for Saturday, December 3.   I am selling cards, note pads, cover journals, and Longaberger products.   I hope I do well.   Anyway, on with today's card.    I am doing this step by step.   So let's get started:

First of all, I do not know what the plan is.   Sometimes it happens.  You have one idea, and end up with something totally different.

1.  First of all, I am starting with this cute and simply paper pack from Echo Park called Dots and Stripes.   This is a cute pack that is compatible. If you decide to get this, I got mine at Archiver's. it comes with tags






Sticker letters,



and 12 pieces of double-sided papers.

Well, things change.  I was going to use the pattern paper as the base, but at this point, I decided to rely on good old fashion kraft cardstock as the base.   I am still using the patterned paper, but could not think for the life of me on how to fold the paper after cutting it in half. Time for plan "B", LOL.  

Take 8 1/2 x 11 piece of the kraft cardstock, and cut in half, making it 8 1/2" x 5.5".   Fold in half.  you can use a ready made card blank.   This is an A2 card.

Next, I cut a mat, measuring less than the 4.5" x 5.5".   Next I cut a strip of the same paper, and this time, I used the other side, attached a piece of ribbon to it, and glue it to the mat.

Now I am stuck.   but not for long.    


Next, I took a winter scene stamp with trees, and  stamped it in distress ink tea dye ink, and cut to size.   I put it on pop dots.   Again here is the finished card.   Enjoy.


Do not forget about the challenge on Card a Day Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.