Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New hobby in scrapbooking, an envelope tag swap

Hello, and how are you?   I just want to wish everyone a happy June.  20 days before the official swelter season called summer, and frankly, I would rather sit myself in front of the AC than shiver in front of the heater.   My ceiling fan is still on from a few days ago, as is gets hot up there.  I know, it is not very green.   I am working on it.

Anyway, I am in a new swap, hosted by Tracystreasures24, and I had a blast creating these envelope tags.  I made five, and it looks like this:

For this project, you will need:   One business envelope with a window, scrapbook paper to cover the front, and possibly the back, if you want to.   You will also need stamps, ink, and die cuts.  I used my Cricut E2 machine for the die cuts.  The carts I used were Pagoda, and Cricut eccentials.   You will also need a border punch for the edge or a pair of decorative scissors.




The Envelope:

For the envelope, I used the envelope from my bank statement.  To prepare the envelope, I made a slit in the envelope on the one of the short ends of the envelope.  If you have not open your bills lately (shame on you), but tap the bill to the other side of the envelope, cut the slit and remove contents. Place the contents to a place, so you will not forget to pay them.   If you have another envelope, which looks like the first one, you can use it as your template.  For the actual envelope, do not remove the vellum. I used the paper, Foo La La (forgot the name of the company), and I traced on the back side of the paper to get the except area the window was at, and cut it out.   Next, take your border punch, or decorative scissors, and edge up the short end.   Fold to make a border and adhere all but 1 1/2"-2" of the paper to the envelope to cover it.  At this point, you may want to cover the back (I did not for this project). For the inside of the envelope, make a liner, and you only have to adhere the top of the pocket.   Before I adhere it, I took a stamp made by Inkedinka Do, and stamped the top.  I also stamped the flap of the pocket, because the paper was not double-sided.   You can skip stamping the liner and the flap if you have doubled-sided paper. You may also ink the sides of the envelope/pocket if you to hide anything.  set that aside.

The Tag:

for the tag, I used K and Co's Smitten Foil Hearts paper, card stock from The paper Company and CTMH's kraft paper.   That is the front of the tag.  I will get to back in a minute.   I cut the tag to size,and I cut with the E2 a label from the pre-installed cartridge, Cricut Essentials.   I started to just use it as a label, but the more I looked at it, especially after I inked up the edges, it started to look mor like a vase.  I drew on some sticks with a sharpie, and it looked too plain.  then I had the idea of adding flowers.   so I cut some red flowers from the Pagoda cartridge, at 11/2", and adhere them tothe tag.  Some of the flowers, I popped up with dimenisionals to give that 3-d look. time for the other side. (or side B for those of you who remember records.)

Tag (The Backside)


For the back side of the tag, I enlisted the help from som Stampin Up! products.   All the inking for tag and the envelope, I did it in Chocolate Chip, as well as all of the stamping.   I added the photo mat, which was cut from the George and Basic Shapes Cartridge at the last minute, because I thought the back needed something. So I cut out the photo mat in CTMH kraft paper (the same kind I used for te liner), inked the edges, and adhere it to the tag.  Next I took clear stamps from Bliss, which was part of the this year's Sale-a-bration event last month.   I stamped the word "bliss" on top, and stamped a Fleur-de-le (I guess that is how you spell it) at the bottom.   That's it.
 Take a look at the rest of the photos to get an idea on how this is done.  Remember these are just ideas, but you make your envelope tag how you want it to look.  I want to give you some more tips:
*  This can be a use what you have tag.   You do not have to go out to buy all new things for this tag.
*  If you have a lot of the same paper, you can make a lot of tags.  You can make them with your die cutting machine.  I free-handed these, but I usually buy the tags already made, or if  you die cutting machine has a tag die, you can
make them from the machine.  It does not have to be a Cricut machine.
*Do not make the tags too thick (put too much on them.)  You may not be able to pull them in and out with ease.
* if you do not feel too creative, or not creative enough, Jolees has products which you can put on the front (or back) of the tag.
* One more thing...Have fun with it.  I always tell folks that scrapbooking is fun, and relaxing.  Do not stress yourself to the point of frustation.  If you are frustrated, or being pulled away too many times, put it away until tomorrow, or the next time you can get back to the tag.  This project does not have to be made with #10 with a window.  I can be made small, medium, with or without a window.

Well that is all I have for you today.   Here is a last look at all 5 of them:


In the Name of Jesus, I bid you a good night, and God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.