Monday, June 20, 2011

A Pink Stamper Challenge

This is a late post, so this is the challenge...

Create something with a birthday theme.   So for my challenge, I choose a Cricut card, utilizing the Cricut American Alphabet.   This is one of the cartridges preinstalled in the CE2, E2, or Cricut Expressions 2, 5th Anniversary Edition Cutting Machine, if you want to use the long version of its name.   One of my favorite LSS (Local Scrapbooking Stores) is closing its doors at the end of the month, and I bought some random scraps they had.   So everything cut out of the cart was using that stack.   So I cannot give exact colors I used, but I can give you the brand name, which was Bazzill Cardstock.  
One of the pieces I had for the card base, I cut down to form 2 4x6 card blanks.   It was about a light pink.   The mat was a Bazzill Bling, I think a Pink Cadillac color (again it was in the stack of colors), and the width was perfect (3.75"), and I cut the length to about a 1/4 of an inch from the actual card base (5.75"), and that made 2 as well.  One for each card.   I took black cardstock, which was about 6"x 12", and cut 2 cupcakes from the CAA Cartridge.   the cupcake was 4", and if you have the E2 machine, the one I used is on page 49 of the handbook.   Press the backout button on the screen.  For the top layer to form the decrotive swirl on the "frosting" portion.   use the Cpcke2-s one.   The color I used was light green Bazzill cardstock.   Before I used pop dots, or dimensions, I spritz it with Glimmer Mist.   You do not have to do this step if you do not want to.   I used Dazzling Diamonds for all over, and Moonlight for the bottom.   The way I spritz it was I covered the top part after the Dazzling Diamonds got a chance to dry, which only takes 5 seconds, or less.   I put a napkin over the "frosting" portion, and spritz the bottom with the Moonlight.   Yes, there is an easier method.   You will have to spritz the pieces before adhering them together.  When cupcake is dry, you can adhere it to the card. 
Next I had some butterflies from Delights, which is from American Crafts.  It is the from the Sunbeam Collection.   They are patterned butterflies, and yes, I could have cut them from another cart, but the look I was going for, I did not have the right cart for the butterfly, plus I wanted something made with chipboard, and was patterned.   At the bottom, I just simply printed "Happy Birthday" on the card.   I often use my computer, but this is one of the few times I feel confident about my handwriting, and I wanted it handmade.   So without further ado, here are my 2 cards:


Happy birthday card 1










Happy Birthday card 2












Well that is it for now.    Have a blessed week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.