Friday, May 13, 2011

New Backup blog

In the wake of what happened to Blogger and my blogs this week, I decided to make a back-up blog for me to post on.  I hope that this will never happen again, but I do not know technology.   so with that being said the new address for the backup of this blog is http://mdncreates.wordpress.com/.   Yes it is on Wordpress, and no, I do not have any plans at the moment to move http://www.triciatreasure.blogspot.com/.  At least in the immediate future.   I want to make sure I can still blog, and I will actually copy posts from here onto that blog, and visa versa.   I have done the same thing to my Tricia's Baskets blog.   so now I offically have 6 blogs to write on, plus some article writing sites:  Hubpages, Helium, Associate Content.  On top of posting on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and three Ning networks, it is a wonder if I ever get any work done around here.

Finally made something:
These cards (which is currently on my Etsy site) were made using both of my Cricut machines.   I cut the card at 3" using my E1 machine and the Pagoda cartridge, and I cut a square, using E2 and the Cricut Essentials Cartridge, pre-installed on the machine.  The paper is from DCWV paper stack (mustard yellow and orange-red).  The sentiment is stamped with the word friend, and that stamp is from Stampin!Up called You're A Gem in Real Red ink.  I did not do my normal distressing, because I wanted sort of a tone on tone look about it, and I did not have a color that closely matched the paper, but it naturally distress along the folding edge of some of the cards.  I made envelopes for the the cards, cutting them at 31/4" using E1 and the wild cards cartridge.   As you see here I did a different shades of the colors Yellow and Orange.  I intended to do it that way.  The paper for the envelopes are from the same company.

I am having fun working two cricuts.  Now if I can only get rid of the baby bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.