Sunday, July 14, 2013

A haul and something I like to call shopping with coupons.

I went to Michael’s Friday, and spent to get my money’s worth.  When you are looking for materials that will make wonderful presents and products to be sold, make sure you get your money’s worth out of the trip.  I did well and I feel like a Klingon coming back from a great battle (OK, cheesy Star Trek reference…sorry).
So, without further ado, here is what I bought, and what I plan with my supplies. Btw, this in a way has nothing to do with the decluttering I am currently doing.


This first item are tags. I use tags all the time, and they are great for cards, scrapbook layouts, and mini books.   I usually purchase them in either Kraft, Black, or White because they go with anything.   I also have the Cricut cartridge, Tags Bags Boxes and More 1.  There is a second cartridge which I have access to from the Cricut Classroom should I need it.  These were not on sale.


I bought two paper pads.  OK, let get real for a minute.  I posted on June 27 on how to get rid of your unwanted scrapbook papers and to organize the rest, and I buy two paper pads.  Honestly, people, they were on sale and normally priced at $19.99, on sale for $11.99.   They will go to good use.




I needed a smaller scoring board.  Yes, you can use a paper trimmer, and I will talk about that in an up and coming e-book for the essentials you need to get started scrapbooking and card making, but I like the ease a scoring board.  It was not on sale.




The last item I bought was a chipboard kit.  I will use these for mini book covers.  I will show you how I do it in a future video.  What I like about this kit is you can get a few good projects out of this kit. That’s 5 large books and 3 small books, and I almost bought 2 of them.




A shopping tip:  Coupons
To save money, always look for coupons in the Sunday paper and online.  Be mindful of the expiration date, because unlike grocery coupons, these can expire within a week.  Many stores are starting to take on competitor’s coupons more, but they have to be like items or the same item, so be careful here as well.
Well that is it.   I created a little video of today, and I hope you will enjoy it.

Be blessed, my friend.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.