Saturday, September 10, 2011

My swap items

I have not posted something in about a week or more.  I have not made something in about a week.  Correction- I have not completed anything in about a week
My swap Items...

I did a swap towards the end of the month of August.

 This first one is a Thank You card.   the ingredients are:

1 sheet of Graphic 45 paper (I believe it is Curtain Call-do not quote me on that one). It is cut to I believe 41/4 x 5 1/4-sorry, I do not measure in the same way that Rachael Ray does not with food ingredients.
1 blank card-I used the Kraft cardstock from Close To My Heart 12x12 cut in half to 6 x 12.

Flower:  Black and cream cardstock from Bazzill (Archiver's), cut from the Pagoda Cartridge using any Cricut machine (I used the E2 machine), pearl center is from Martha Stewart Crafts.  it is cut at 3".   I used shadow and Layer 1.

Sentiment:  Using my computer, I went into MS Word to type out "Thank You".  Note:  I usual use MS Publisher for this sort of thing.  Use whatever your computer will allow you to do,   You can use a publishing program, word processing program, card creation program.  If you do not have a computer, or do not know how to use the computer for that purpose, either email me at plogan@columbus.rr.com, comment and I will get back to you with instructions, or just purchase a stamp with the words thank you on it.  (it needs to be a small stamp.)

Lastly the ribbon.   I used lacy ribbon, and a ribbon that is about 1/4 of an inch wide.  I layered the small one on top of the lace, and fell in love with the results.  The 1/4 ribbon I got at Michaels, and the lace i got at a thrift store.   YES, you can get scrapbooking stuff at a thrift store.   Just give the item an inspection before buying, because once you leave with item in hand, you cannot take it back.  I antiqued it a little by putting brown ink on the lace.

Card #2

My second card is a fan card (no sentiment)

For this one, I went simply.  I had to, because I wanted a pocket tag card, but humidity and lack of strong double sided tape proved to be almost disastrous.

Ingredients:

3 sheets of 12 x 12 Kraft cardstock (one for the blank card, one for the die cut, and one patterned for the matting)

Pearl by Martha Stewart.

Take the first piece of cardstock, cut in half to make it into two 6x12 sheets, fold in half.   Set aside.  Take the patterned cardstock, and if you have a DreamKutz machine, cut the sheet in half (back slot), then turn it one of halves to cut it in thirds (front slot).  From there, you should have 6 pieces to work with.   If you do not have a DreamKutz machine, with your paper trimmer, cut the 12x12 sheet in half, follow by cutting each half into thirds, making it about 4x6.  Set them aside.
Next take out your die cutting machine (electronic or not, and make a die cut that is about 3" or 4".   I used my Cricut Expression 2, 5th Anniversary Cutting machine (E2), the cartridge, Pagoda.  the fan is cutting using the shadow feature.   I put a pearl in the center to look like it can open and close.

What happened to the pocket.   To make a pocket out of a mat, you need some really strong double sided tape.   I had a tag that I cut out using the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge (my go to cart for all things tags-retired), and I put the same lace I put on the first card.  the tags turned out nice, but I had to ditch them, and will be using them in another project.   To make a pocket, put tape on three of the side (preferably, leaving one of the shorter ends without tape.)  because of the bulkiness of  tag, the mat kept coming up.  So the lesson learned is use strong double-sided tape and have a thin tag.

Well I know this is a long post, and a well deserved one.   I wish you well, and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.