Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My first Valentine card for 2011

Ok, so I am 2 days early, but it was bound to happen anyway. Yesterday, I needed to work, and I needed to get focus back in line with me. Between my botched assignment with my first client, trying to catch up with my Longaberger business, and the holidays, I have not made a card, scrapbook page or journal in about a month. So what do I do?

I made two cards. Just two of the same card, and here it is:






It is a very simple card, and the recipe calls for:



1-Heart stamp. I used a retired stamp from Close To My Heart, but you can use any type of stamp.

1-simple patterned paper cut into a 3x3 square from a sheet of 12x12. Again, any patterned paper will do. The simpler the better. The reason is you have to be able to stamp on the patterned paper and still be able to see the hearts on the card. I chose a simple pin striped pattern.

1-Blank card 4x6

1- Marker, colored pencil, or gel pen. This is for the stitched lines and to write “Be Mine”. If you do not trust your writing, rub on letters can substitute, and if there are not rub on letters, then use the computer.

2- Ink colors. I used Chocolate Chip and Real Red from Stampin Up!, but any ink pad will do

1- Scrap sheet of white cardstock. I used American Craft cardstock from my last project with the tags. This is why it is good to save your scraps of paper.

Instructions: before adhering the patterned paper down, stamp four hearts in each corner of the 3x3 square in the first color (Real Red), adhere to the card. Stamp two hearts on the scrap sheet of paper, with the second card (Chocolate Chip) and cut out. Note: if you have a heart-shaped punch, that is slightly bigger, use that instead. To make the raised heart, use mounting foam on one of the hearts, and then adhere the whole thing to the middle of the card.

Make stitch marks about ½ from the square. Print the words, “Be Mine below that.

Inside of the card:



“Roses are Red, Violets are blue.” “Heart are one of the things I can give to you.” “Happy Valentine’s Day.”

Please note:  This is how I got started with making cards, so I went back to my roots with this card, which is stamping.   This is my first non-Cricut card in 18 months.   Wow, like they say, confession IS good for the soul, LOL.

So the Valentine’s Day card run has begun. Hopefully, I will get a few done, because I made no Christmas or New Year’s Day cards.

Happy New Year Day everyone. Make it a blessed 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.