Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I am bored...and Stampin Up

Good morning all you early risers.    For some reason or another you may be up reading this because, either you are getting ready for work, you are a stay at home mom, work from home mom, or whatever.  You may find this very interesting.   Before I start work on tags for a client (paper is on the way), I want to announce that I am bored.   Sure, I have my mom and Aunt Mary's cards to work on, then there is the Christmas list for cards to work on.  I even have a little organizing project that needs to get finished.   Actually, it was the organizing project that got me out of this boredom.   This is my first challenge, and I am passing it on to you, if you dare.   Do you want to know what it is?    It is a challenge called, "Use What You Have."   The object of this challenge is to look around your scrapbooking area, and if there are supplies that you have not used in years (old paper, that embellishment meant for a project and got scrapped for something different) and make something out of it.   It could be a card, a layout, a journal piece, anything.  It could be for a present, or for yourself, just make it.   The only thing you are allowed to buy is if you run out of adhesive.   This is a good way to clean out your space for all the new stuff that will come in the form of a Christmas or Hanukkah present.  If you have set a goal for how many layouts or cards you are going to make for 2010, this is a good way to play catch up.  
I found a My Accents Heavenly Blue from Close to My Heart (must be retired, I have not seen that color in the current catalog).   I used some buttons on two of my mom's thank you cards, I made a database on MS Access 2010 of my stamp pads from CTMH.  I have found my wooden Christmas rubber stamps.   So the images will be cards.  I have dug up magazines from 2006, 1998, and 1999 that I can use a reference and update.   This leads to my next segment....Stampin up.
I have decided that in addition to being a Longaberger consultant and owner of MDN Creates, I am going to be a Stampin up ! consultant in name only.   It is mainly for supplies, but if someone wants to order something, they can.  I will not be building a team.   The reason for not building a team is I do not want to let them go when I become branch leader for Longaberger.   as a branch leader, I cannot sell for another direct selling company, and even if I have been a Longaberger consultant for 9 years, I only have 10 consultants who have yet to make their goal, and I have not pulled in a $1,000 a month each month.   The team has to have $6,000 for 3 months straight, including my sales, and so far I am the only one selling.  Once that is up, and the company offers me the branch leader position, then I will make one last order from SU, and quit.  At least that is the plan, but I will never know what God has planned.  I just know that I like the products, and I do not want to pay full price.   The only way to pay at a discount is to be a consultant.   I know that there is an angel policy, but I list all products I use in a project anyway, so that is not a problem for me.

Well, for me, this is good night.  I do this sometimes.   I know, doctors want adults to get 8 hours of sleep, but I am nursing an official cold, and I have not been sleeping well the past two days.   I will be up in a few.

BTW, the next challenge will have blog candy, this challenge is for you to get up and do something creative if you are not already doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.