Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Layouts

Hello-

It has been a while since I posted something. I am listening to my IPod (OK, so it is Itunes, LOL). Anyway, things are going fine in my little end of the world. God has kept me alive. As for the rest of life, just fine. I attended a crop yesterday at work. Archiver's for those of you who do not where that place of employment is. I did two sets of double layouts, and a single. I finished up my cards for a card swap (just need to do the blank cards., LOL)
Anyway, here they are:

This first one, Deonte loves sweets, so I dub him the cookie monster. this is Christmas Eve 2008. The tag says:
RECIPE FOR A GOOD COOKIE...
TAKE...
1 bucket of cookies
1 cookie monster
__________
= 1 happy 1 year old!


I made the layout from 12x12 beige cardstock (unknown brand), not sure of the patterned paper, except one is called Let's Bake, and the other is called Cookie Lover. The matting is just from scrap cardstock. The journal block is from Reminince's French Kitchen. The matting is just Cookie Lover, and I put Warm Chestnut from Colorblock around the edges.

This layout is titled A family of hats. My sister got happy with m camera, and had everyone except daddy wear the stupid Santa Hat. As you see, some were thilled about it, and others. well you see the faces, LOL. the background Paper is made from Reminince paper Holly glitter (again! love this brand), and the for background paper is made with Memory Makers Artisian ? paper (trying to read from the receipt, LOL). The Santa hat (there is a second one that fell off), is made from cricut cartridge's Joy of the Season. I do not have it personally, but I borrowed one of the ladies' cartridge. pet peeve time: I was explaining to her that I had my own mat (brought my expression, but had no place to put it, because there were three others up and running (even though Archiver's no longer sells the cricut line) I need to email them about that, the war is over (will explain later). Anyway, I explained to the woman that I found a you tube video where you can prolong the life of your mat by putting 2 way glue on it. Later when the crop ended, I thanked her for the use of the machine, and she said that a ProvoCraft Dealer, who was an expert on all things cricut said that doing things like that, may void the warrenty of your cricut, "just one scrapper to another", she said. My opinion is that is just ProvoCraft's way of making you buy more of these mats, which can sometimes be expensive. well as they say, we pay for our craft. OK, enough with the whining, let's move on...
OK, I loaded this wrong, but only minor problems (still learning how to blog, LOL). This is Nine'na's page. Not sure if I am going to put this in her book or not. I really should not act like that. If I really want one, make a second set of this layout, plus I have the pictures, LOL. anyway. in the crop, I won a baby paper pack. My manager saves the day. the first 12x12 is by American craft, the second sheet is a bazzill Smooth, watermelon, cut down to 11x11. the butterfly paper (unknown), but it is in the baby bay area of Archiver's, cut down to 10x10. the title says, "Princess", and the tag says, "Happiness is a warm blanket w/a binky".

Part two is coming. Having formatting problems.





























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.