Tuesday, May 15, 2018

I am Back…. Well, sort of.

Some of my current and past projects
Copyright 2018 by P.Lynne Design
Happy New Year.  Why am I saying this now?  Simple, I have been away from this blog.  Since I have been away, let me introduce myself, or rather re-introduce myself and my company.
My name is Patricia Logan, owner of P. Lynne Designs. I have been in this business in one form or another for over 10 years.  10 sounds like a good round number. I started out as a crafter, wanting to make a scrapbook for my nephew, who is now 22, and expecting his first child.  His mom was not able, and my mom asked me to do this, after seeing my high school scrapbook album.  I had nowhere to turn to since, at that time, I did not know much about scrapbooking.  Well, I kind of did.  I knew how I did scrapbooking and my album, which was through those old magnetic scrapbooks.  I had no paper for the background, and I used only journaling spots to describe the event and the people.  That was my high school scrapbook, but for my nephew’s, it had to be more. 
After I finished the book, which he was at the time, age 3, I had graduated to making cards and tags.  Next, I did a Disney vacation scrapbook, and by that time, I was working at Archivers, a Memory Store.  I was working there until 2010, and by that time, I wanted to open my own business, making scrapbooks, cards, and other projects for customers.  I was not allowed to do it while I was an employee, so I left the company. 
This company started with the name, MDN Creates, and along with it came this blog.  In 2013, I changed the name officially (meaning acquiring a business license through the State of Ohio) P. Lynne Designs.  I will explain the rest later.
Where have I been?
I wrote my last blog post in March 2017.  It was titled Tool Organization.  In this blog post, I talked about some of the tools that I used and how I organized them, which was mostly with Longaberger baskets.  I felt pretty good with the post, then I had to take care of family life and blogging on this blog and another blog, Tricia’s Baskets took a backseat, and I concentrated on my main blog, My Ambiance Life.  About September 2017, it too took a backseat to life, and I stopped blogging altogether.  It was around this time, that I was preparing to go on a much-needed cruise, that took a backseat to Hurricane Irma, so it was postponed to December 31, 2017, New Year’s Eve.  I must say, for my first cruise, I had fun.  I am ready to book another one, but hopefully not before a desired Disney trip with the siblings. (Mom and dad may not be able to go due to her health)
Anyway, I want to fast forward to today because since I have been going steady on My Ambiance Life, I might want to update this blog and re-niche (if there is such a word) Tricia’s Baskets.  If you are a follower on all three blogs, I will explain further on Tricia’s baskets. So that is where I have been.
What have I been doing besides vacationing….
The vacation cruise, which took me to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands (which I did not know I was a stone’s throw from Cuba), and Cozumel, Mexico, ended with a day’s stay in New Orleans, LA, ended January 9, 2018, and I created a video of my adventures.   I did a lot of swaps in 2017 and at the beginning of 2018.  I am in the process of revamping the Etsy shop and finishing the website with some products. 
I started back Vlogging and I have a YouTube Channel, featuring what I have made for swaps, shopping hauls, and I am in the process of editing my first “Come with me” shopping video. 

So, what is next for this blog?

First, better blogging.  I can not think of what I need to do as far as a set schedule.  I just know that it will be a once a week upload.  How many will show up will depend on what I upload.
As far as what I will post, I want to give you a written copy of the materials of a project I made for a swap, demo, or client’s project unless it is too private, then I need to get a client’s written permission first.  I also want to do craft tool reviews and a list of products I love using in my projects and where to find them.
Now for the hard part, as much as I think it is wonderful for Google to have Blogger, I will be moving all of my blogs off of this platform.  I think I can do so much more than what Blogger has to offer.  I have grown in the time I started my first blog post.  I need something that allows self-hosting capabilities, something that Blogger allows in limited supply.  The store website of this business is on WordPress through Hostgator.  As I get closer to the setup and move time, I will mention this, so you know where to look for it.  I will be keeping this one for a good year after that point, so you know where to find old posts as such.

So, that is about it for now.  It is good to be back.  Oh, one other thing.  I do have a Facebook page called P. Lynne Designs, and it is the only thing that I had been keeping up with before today. 

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! I'm really looking forward to your new posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! After reading an overview of your blog I'm excited to see what posts you'll be creating next. Good luck love.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below. Thank you.