Friday, June 7, 2013

Graduation Party

Well, it is that time of year again, where proms give way to the pomp and circumstance, where the leaders of the school give future leaders a proper sendoff, and mothers still remember like it was yesterday they were sending their graduates off to their first day Preschool, Kindergarten, 1st grade, and so on.
I still remember the day I graduated from Independence High, in Columbus, Ohio.  In fact, two days ago marked my 31st year since that day, where I said goodbye to the staff that dealt with my brand of studying for the past 4 years.   I will save that story for another day.   These days, students have it made.  They get to go out into a world, where technology can be used in every turn, including the classroom.  If I even looked at a calculator hard enough, that was grounds for getting expelled, or at last a day in the detention room.  There was no such thing as bring a cell phone to school.  In fact, when I was 16, I did not know what a cell phone was. (oh, yeah, it was that great big brick they used on the Six Million Dollar Man to call from).  They also need to remember what type of world they live in too.
Anyway, I am attending a graduation party today.  A friend of the family's son is graduating, and of course, like any good scrapbooker and card maker, I made a card for such of a occasion. At first I wrestled with the idea, because I do not make many masculine cards.  But now I have it.  

Materials for this card:

  • Card set with card blank and envelop.  I used a brand from Hobby Lobby, but I have also used Recollections from Michaels and the Archiver's   brand.  All three are just a like to me, which are thick and not flimsy.
  • Doodlebug's Cap and Gown Collection.   I used the borders for all three and the stickers for the tag.   
  • Ranger tags #8 Kraft cut down to fit the card, because I made the pocket for the card from Bazzill Kraft color cardstock.  
  • White gel pen.
  • The "E" is from an old letter set.  So old that the adhesive (Glue) dried use on the letter, so I had to re-stick it.

I made the pocket using Kathy Orta's hidden hinge method.  If you are not familiar with it, you can view it here.  I am very please with the way the card turned out.
Well that is it for today.  I will show you what I made from the paper pack that I received for the blog hop later, but be sure to come back Next Thursday for the blog hop.

Be blessed.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.