Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Posting something on My Etsy Page-

I am getting rid of some supplies!!!

Folks, Have you ever get tired of looking at things that you know you will never use again?   This is where I am at with some of my scrapbooking supplies.   Everyone does it on occasion,  I have never put supplies up for sale, at least not a lot of them.  So when I get finished taking a little nap (I have not been to bed yet), I will start listing.   I spent part of yesterday, listing items in my inventory, and all I have to do is put the prices in my Excel spreadsheet, transfer them to my Access database (already created), and then write the descriptions of the products and list them under supplies in Etsy.   I grew tired of Ebay.  I do not like the fee structure, and I am out to get monetary value for my stuff, not give it away (which is what I am basically doing when I list stuff with Ebay)
Here is a clue for anyone who is reading this from a cubicle at Ebay Headquarters:  all of your competitors (Etsy, Bonanza, et.all ) do not, repeat, DO NOT CHARGE a fee after an item after it is sold.  I have lost money on many Longaberger products that way (I have not had success for cards through Ebay).  I may be wrong, but from what I have seen, I have not seen any fees from them.  OK, enough complaining about Ebay.

What will be listed?

First up will be eyelets.   I use mostly brads, and my eyelets have been sitting there for over 10 years.   The way I fasten items is I punch with my crop-a-dile to create a hole, stick the brad in the hole, and that's it.   The eyelets are collecting dust (figure of speech, they were actually well taken care of in a Close to My Heart Eyelet holder (I think that is what it is called.) ).  In the future, I plan on selling kits I make up, but for now, I am sticking to gently used items (along with anything I make of course).  So in order to see what I have, click the page link (Etsy Shop link at the top ), and check it out.  You never know what I may have.

Well I will talk to you on Friday.  I will have another post for the Card a day Blog, and it is a graduation card.   My purpose for this card is to show you how to work with 3-d stickers (such as Jolee's, EK Success, and other brands to make a beautiful card.  After all, if it is from the heart, it will surly count, and you have made a graduate's day.   Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.