Friday, October 14, 2011

Christmas Snow


Hello and welcome to fall.  I am a designer for the Card-a-Day blog as well as this blog.

This time, I am not focusing on fall or autumn as some people call it. I am jumping ahead a few weeks to winter. I live in the Northeast state of Ohio. Some people call it a Midwest state.   There is nothing mid-west about it. Winters are not hard around here, at least by a Michigan, New England, or the Dakotas point a view, but they are to a point where you just want to curl up with a warm cup of hot chocolate and a good book instead going to work.   

The card I have to show you is all about snow. It is super simply enough for a child to make one.

I took an 8 ½ x 11 piece of Coconut swirl from the Bazzill Basics line, cut in half, horizontally, and folded that piece in half. I took the bone folder and used it like a brayer to get a crisp edge.  Next, I took the snowflake stamp, loaded it with ink, and stamped it to make my own background paper. I did both sides. An alternative is either stamp it before folding the cardstock or stamp one side of the card base. Set it aside.

I was going through my stash, and I found a foam snowflake. You can get snowflakes from many different sources:  Foam, Wood (paint it white or leave natural), or from a die cutting machine.   Adhere the pearls to the snowflake with the glue dots. I did that by rolling each glue dot in a ball to keep it from showing behind the pearls. If you do this with a child, it may be necessary to skip this step and leave the pearls off. You can even take this same concept, and make ornaments out of the snowflake. Next adhere the snowflake to the card base. I put a little Glimmer Glam in the snowflake, but this is optional, especially if you are working with little children.  The glam just adds a little sparkle to the snowflake.
 
Full Recipe:

 Paper:  Bazzill Basics coconut swirl
 Stamps: Hero Arts-Star Snowflake
 Inks and Paints:  Stampin! Up-Chocolate Chip, Glimmer Glam-Rocking on sunshine
 Also used:  Foam Snowflake, ¼ flat pearl white (unknown brand, got it at Joanne Fabrics), bone folder, and glue dots.

I hope you enjoyed my card.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent card for making with the young ones. Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card!

    I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog for the Fall Favorites blog hop last weekend!

    Amy E.
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below. Thank you.