Monday, April 8, 2019

Progression is so sweet and the rewards…

Have you ever worked towards something that you really wanted?  The closer you get, the more excited you become as each task is completed.
Well, that is how I am feeling about now on my new website.  Ok, call me a nerd or a geek, will you, but it is true.  I feel that there is a geek inside of each of us.  You do not have to be a techno geek.  You can be a foodie (food geek), an auto geek (lover of cars and anything with wheels), or a fashion geek.  To me, being a geek is cool, and if being a geek means I have more knowledge in that subject, then that makes me an expert.  I will cover what makes me an expert in the crafting department some other time.
I am having a blast working on this little project, following step by step instructions at the hand of Renae Christine.  I have mentioned her several time on the My Ambiance Life blog, and how I got started with this website.  I feel like can freely talk about tech stuff there than on P. Lynne Designs.  First off, if you can follow instructions step by step, you can create a website/blog.  That website can be either in WordPress or Blogger.  If you are a beginner, I suggest that you go no further than these two platforms because once you go beyond Blogger, and you are scared of breaking your computer, WordPress is your only option before signing up for a college course in Joomla, JavaScript, Ruby on Rails, or an HTML course. Renae makes it so that you do not need a college course at all when creating a website, so if those names I gave you makes you sweat, do not worry about them at all.  I do not mind these website languages at all and been hearing about them since I left my job at CompuServe.
What does it mean to have rewards?
On My Ambiance Life, I finished a blog post talking about my social media, blogging, and YouTube channel stats, and I am not happy with them, but I am not sad either.  Why?  Because it is a work in progress. Once this website is up and running, it will be rewarding.  I will be a week late from my intended time, which was yesterday.  The reason is I had some things I needed to work on, such as getting a new protective hairstyle and working with my CPA on my taxes, as well as dealing with someone who is not pleased with me having a business. (There is always that one family member, trust me). Anyway, that blog post on My Ambiance Life should be published on Friday, it is a matter of Blogger doing its thing and publishes it at 12 Midnight.
What’s new on P. Lynne Designs?
OK, I am rambling, but these are the things you can expect to see on my new website.
  1. Handmade products of cards, mini brag books, bookmarks, and custom orders of scrapbooks and wedding, graduation, and birthday invitations. You may see planner supplies and gifts too
  2. Services such as freelance writing and graphic design. 
  3. Scrapbook supplies from Prima marketing, Graphic 45, and American Crafts (including We R Memory Keepers and Bazzill).
  4. Affiliate sales from companies like Cricut
  5. And this blog.  Yes, I will be transitioning this blog over to WordPress.  The old blog posts may stay here, and when the need allows me, I will put an updated version of an old blog post on the new site.
This should be fun, and I will have things for you to come back to, such as discounts and other goodies.
Guess what?  You do not have to wait for the action.  Why?
You can go over to the new website right now to be on my email list.  The URL is https://plynndesigns.com and you will get to a coming soon page.  Signup and you will be one of the first to be notified when the site goes live.  I hope to see you soon.
One final tip:  do not be afraid of trying something new.  This is one way that you can grow and understand.  You are a wonderfully made geek, and it is fun to be an expert.  My charge for you is to try something new and exciting and to offer advice when asked.
Have a wonderful week, and God bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.