Monday, September 2, 2019

"Hello, My Friend" Friendship card


I have been very neglectful of this blog, P. Lynne Designs for quite a while.  The reason? I have been doing other things that do not have to do with THIS BLOG. When you have plans to change the platform (Wordpress) on all of your blogs, then run into a number of problems, you tend to get discouraged, and that has been me lately.
Instead of getting into this funk, including having a recent client, who turned out to be a scammer, I decided to go full steam ahead on what I have, and along the way make lemons into a beautiful pitcher of lemonade.  
So, for this first post in a very long time (2 months), I decided to do a small swap with someone.  In the past (and hopefully in the future) I have been in swaps hosted by Tmika P, AKA Swapdaworld.  She has a YouTube channel, and for most of the year, once a month, she host a swap, where you make, for example, a loaded envelope for a group of 4 people, 5 if you include the host (which I usually do), 6 if you want to make one for yourself (which I do not).  Making swaps is a good way to expand your creativity, and you usually get some nice goodies on top of that too because everyone always includes a goodie bag with the swap it (it is not required, but you’ll feel bad if you do not)
Tmika’s requirements are simple.  Follow the instructions, have crafty videos on your YouTube channel, and you have not flaked in any of the previous swaps. 
The swap I was involved in for this month was not hosted by Tmika, but a person from a Facebook group, Scrap of Color.  It was a card swap, and I had to make a friendship/sisterhood card.  The instructions were simple, make the card, and send it to your partner.  It was a two-person swap.  I have not done one in years.
Time to see the card:
Photo By P. Lynne Designs © 2019








This card was made with a pre-made green blank card.  The corner pieces were paper from DCWV’s paper stack Maps, Text, and Ledgers stack.  I believe this was the last thing I bought at the Scrapbook Expo held in Columbus back in March.  I finally got to use a couple of pieces.  Instead of cutting it with my Cricut Maker, I freehand cutting the corners.  I did the same for the inside as well.
I took a doily and placed in the center of the card, followed by a butterfly from the same ephemera pack that the doily was in.  I stamped, “Hello My friend”, which is a stamp from The Stamps of Life.com. The stamp pack is called Picnic2stamp.  The ink is a Colorbox Pigment ink.  I usually stamp all my sentiments with Tim Holtz’s Distress ink in a Black Soot.
The inside of the card:


Photo By P. Lynne Designs © 2019





I decided to go for a simple flat inside.  I did the same thing, only without the doily, and I put a saying, “I am Thankful for You”. Nothing fancy.
Incidentally, I received my card from my partner, and she put a doily on her card too, LOL.
Well, that is it.  Short and sweet.  I will be doing more of these tutorials/showing of the card I make in a future blog.  Be on the lookout for:
  • Fall cards
  • Harvest cards
  • Thanksgiving cards (October (Canada) and November (United States))
  • Things for my trip I make for the kids
And many others, including I, hope the launch of my website and update on my Etsy shop.
Until then, happy Labor Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.