Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Cosmetic Changes to my Blog

Photo and Photo Editing by
P.Lynne Designs (c) 2018
“I did a thing”, as little children say often when presenting something new and different to their parents.  I did a thing is fresh, new, and with a touch of whimsy, and parents eat it up like crazy. Parents say “Awww”, while sometimes they roll their eyes in that “Oh Boy” moment.  The parent will peek around the corner to see if this thing is “a mess” or “the cutest little thing ever in life”.
Sometimes, we as bloggers are like that.  We want to please “our parents”, AKA readers, and you look around the corner, rolling your eyes, and we, as bloggers are waiting for “Awww” or “help me, Lawd Jesus, what did she do now?” The “aww”, comes from “Look what my little princess as done”, and the “Help me” part comes from, “How much is it going to cost me, now?”
So, once again, as little children would say, “see, mommy and daddy (I hope there are some men reading), I did a thing”.  A cute, but simple, little banner in Photoshop 2019 (yes, my subscription upgraded me).  So far, I like the new version.  Not too over the top, but there are some things that I am glad that are new and back from the great Adobe beyond. 
The banner is a gradient background with teal, 2 browns, and a pink (you know I have to have my pink).   Will be changing all of my blogs to this simple look.  Here is the reason why I changed the banner.
  1. Again, it is simple.  No explanation there.
  2. With Photos, you have to change the banner too many times.  I am sorry, but I do have other things in my life that need “tending to”.
  3. I have found that people get tired of seeing a photo of stuff you made 6 months ago, and these items I made over a year ago.  Two of the photos were swap projects, and I hope that my receivers are enjoying them.  I enjoyed making them. 
  4. How do I fit everything I do in the company on a photo, without making it crowded?  TY (Thank you).
The other changes.
Banners and other cute graphic things are not the only things that I am changing about this blog.  Scheduling is a top priory to me.  I have a semi-schedule on my other blog, My Ambiance Life, and I love it.  I cannot guarantee that I am going to stick to this schedule, but to me, it keeps me grounded.
-          Uploading posts.  Whenever I write, I can guarantee that it will be scheduled, uploaded, and posted by 6 AM the next day.  This is the uploading and posting schedule I have stuck with for a couple years for any blog post, and it has worked.  Why?  You have three types of readers Morning, Noon, and Night.  If readers are loyal, the morning readers want it by the time they get their morning coffee.  They have a few moments to kill before work.  It is like reading the newspaper.  Noon readers read during their coffee/lunch break. This may be the only time they have to wind down for a few minutes before continuing their work.  Nighttime reading is just that, nighttime reading.  It is like the lunchtime reader, this may be the only time they have to read, especially after the kids have settled in for the night, or they may read while junior is practicing sports, dance, or any other event.
-          Continuity:  I feel like when I read a blog, I like to see sections to go too.  It helps if I am searching for something special from that blog, it does not become a hunting for a rare gem or truffles.  That subject is right there, and I am able to do the research and move on from there.  In this blog’s case, the wish is your command, and I will have sections.
-          Better tutorials.  I realize that I have been lacking in that area.  As I am learning and getting more confident in making videos, they will improve with time.  Like I said, I want to make them, and being an introvert is no excuse to have the lack of quality, which is better than quantity. 
-          Adding a subject.   I am adding graphic design to my three subjects, making it 4.  Scrapbooking, card making, reviews, and now graphic design. I have been learning Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for the past 5 years, and it is time I share the love.  My scrapbooking has sort of migrated to include digital, but I will do like the traditional, but not so much.  I make mini books for people to place their photos and other stuff inside.
So that is it for this subject.  I will have another post coming up.  It is reviewing two new accessories for the Cricut Maker.  They are the knife attachment, including calibrating it to the machine. The other review is the score wheel and some truths about it.  All good, but You will have to read the article to see what I think.
Until then, I will talk about changes coming your way, as I develop them.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.