Thursday, February 2, 2012

Things are wonderful, really. New blog for my ramblings.

I apologize for not posting lately.   I am changing a bit, and it takes time.  I did start my new blog, and it is called My Blessed Life, and the address is http://patricialogan.blogspot.com.  Blogger said my name is available , so I took it as a sign to use it.   This blog is still available, but it is moving in a different direction.   I am now going in sort of a business phase of it.  It will still have the personal touches that it will always have but not as much as I like it to be.  I started feeling like I was not showing you as much of my work as I should.  After all, that was the real reason behind starting the MDN Creates blog in the first place.  I want this blog to be a inspiration, not a ramble session.   I think it was something I read in December.

I was thinking about why I only have 169 people following me.   So, I saw on a couple of newsletters I follow that you have to have a focus niche.  Scrapbooking, card making, and making journals is my niche for this blog.   Then I was asking myself, "was am I giving the readers or the people who look forward to reading this stuff, My take on the subject at hand, not what is going on in my family, not what happened to me two years ago, or my views on the world?"   I will have that, but only if it ties into what I am about to show you.

I also think I have too many affiliations on this blog.  I knew it for some time, but some are not related to the subject of crafting, so I need to refine it to where it all relates to crafting.  I also want to get involve with being part of a design team, and that means people looking at my blog for determination of my entrance application.

Two years ago, I pulled my Longaberger business stuff off of this blog to separate the two, and now I am doing it again.  Its called "cleaning house", and I am doing it once again.   I only have Two posts on the new one, but if you would like to hear what I have to say about life in general, from a short, black woman's point of view, come over to My Blessed Life.   It will be fun, I promise you.   I gave it that title, because I feel like I have been blessed.  Despite my situations in life over the years, I feel like God has given me more that I can ever ask for.   I will be honest, I have act like he has not, but you know what?  he has given me what I need for the moment.  I act like this spoiled, person, who just wants to be able to afford material things, but for Him, it does not matter.  I am trying to make a new change for this year.

So this is a wrap up of things you will see from me:  (just click the title of each blog)

MDN Creates (where you at now):  Scrapbooking, card making, and journal making.   also a link to my Etsy page.
Tricia's Baskets:   Longaberger products, specials, and a link to my Longaberger My Shop page.
My Blessed Life:  Ramblings about the world, content you can put on your own blogs, organizing, travel, and household stuff (cooking, car, and family)

Well that is it.   Oh, and take a look at something I made last month:


It is a tree made out of old sheet music.   a fun and simple little project I made at my stamp club. This Monday, I get to make something out of a soda can.  I will take a picture when I get finished with it.

Until then, or the next time I post.  take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.