Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions

Now that I have a following, I want to ask you out there, what is your new year's resolution? My resolutions are :

  • To organize
  • To stop beating up on myself when something is not done the way I want it to.
  • To love myself more, and it is not the way you think.
  • To do more of what God asks of me.
  • To scrapbook more.
  • To take my business more seriously
  • To take time for me, and to learn and grow more.

To Organize: I do not want people to see my house at the moment. I live in a 2 bedroom condo, and you would think I live in a 4 bedroom single family home. I want to move, but financial obligations have not allow me to make that move for the moment. I started out with a notebook, and now that I have a new printer (old one died on me over the holidays), I can print out my pages again. I am starting with downstairs, and work my way up.

To stop beating myself up: I work at a store, who has cut back their hours, although it is not my fault, I spent this past weekend telling myself that if I had not applied to the job in the first place, I would not be going through this. I have been there for 3 years. People just do not have the money for luxury items, and only depending on the basics. The same with my business. I can do only so much, and if I stop complaining, and let God, then I will get through this. In the meantime, I started looking, again. This will lead to love myself more, and as Oprah said today on her show, to schedule time for me, like hair appointments again, and exercise more. It also leads to letting God do his thing. I am a constant participate of an take-backer. I do not know if there is such a word, but that is basically a person who takes back something that you previous have given to God in prayer.

To scrapbook more: I have so many projects that I started or thought about getting started in 2008. the only thing I finished to date was my youngest nephew's baby book. I took it from one day to 12 months, and I am very proud of it. Now that I have the ability to finish something, I can do more. I need to get started on vacation books, a niece book (she is only 3 months), a schoolbook for my oldest nephew (he is in the 7th grade and I have K-6 to start). I want to do bind it all projects. I did complete a Christmas card set for an aunt in Oklahoma, and I took pictures. I need to to get them off of my camera.

I also seen in 2008 what my business can be, so I am continuing with that, as well as starting a new one. more on that later.

Lastly, I heard on Joel Olsteen's message yesterday to never be still, and to always keep growing in your life. You never know what God has planned from that experience, and for you. I have a degree in marketing, but my information on the latest trends in marketing are slightly out of date, so I need new classes in order to be competitive. The classes do not have to be from Franklin University, where I got my Bachelor's degree from, even though I want to get my master's degree in marketing and communication from there. I can get a free class from Ohio State, because my father works there. I need to keep up on scrapbooking techniques (which is current for the moment). My business info is current, but there is so much more I need to learn. My wish for you is to learn more, even if it is from your mistakes. If you do not learn something in your life, you will stop living. I do not plan on doing that.

Oh, one other thing. I am now published. I submitted an organizing article with Associate Content two weeks ago. That link is: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1341187/cleaning_organizing_my_house_my_2009.html?cat=9 . Let me know what you think. It will make me a better person.

Well this entry is long, but I am just getting started. I promise the posts will be shorter next time. take care and God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting published!!!!!!!! Great resolution list!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment below. Thank you.